We have two really big announcements this week.
Future Skills Centre Research Project
|Announced last Wednesday at 6:00 am, I can now tell you that ASPECT, along with our project partner Ethos Career Management Group, was one of 64 projects chosen out of 469 proposals by the Future Skills Centre for Shockproof funding.
With the support of nine advisory committee organizations from the ASPECT membership and the support of all our members, we will study the current competencies of Career Development Professionals to deliver virtual services to those with barriers to employment, while looking at ways to build competencies should there be any gaps in knowledge. We are a group of community-based experts, and my concern is that in the future governments may rely on virtual services without realizing the effects on youth, Indigenous populations, women fleeing violence, refugees, immigrants, older workers, and those with diverse abilities. It is hoped that this research is phase 1 with a training pilot, that is yet to be funded, as phase 2. World-renowned scholar, Dr. Roberta Borgen (Neault), will be overseeing our research along with two research assistants.
The research activities will take place between May-August and are as follows:
- Conduct a literature review
- Advisory group meetings to discuss the transition to virtual services and helping clients.
- An online survey sent out province-wide to CDPs
- Conduct focus group discussions of CDPs who offer services to underrepresented clients in both urban and rural and remote locations.
- Report and recommendations vetted and approved by the advisory group
Congratulations to ASPECT members who also received Shock-Proofing Project funding:
AEST Funding for Professional Development
Our popular procurement workshops are back, but now in a virtual format.
The two-day in-person workshop has been transformed into 3-hour workshops in a series of four learning streams. Because of the collaborative nature of these workshops, class size is limited and the workshops will not be recorded.
This training is free of charge with the support of the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Training and could prove to be quite popular. For that reason we request the following:
- No more than 3 people from one organization can register per learning stream at a time.
- If you can't make a session, please cancel your registration so that someone else on the waiting list can attend.