Teams & Leadership
This course is an elective learning requirement for completing the Values Based Leadership series.
Teams are a central component of any organization and leaders play an essential role supporting a team’s formation and success. With organizational restructuring shifting power from managers to teams themselves, effective leaders need to empower people at all levels of organizations and support the development of leadership skills/abilities in others.
Within this course, students will:
- Learn strategies for creating/maintaining effective teams and maximizing participation of team members
- Explore the roles and behaviours of effective team leaders
- Understand distribution of leadership among team members within a variety of organizational structures
- Be able to encourage/mentor leadership skills/abilities in others
Students will be required to complete the following learning activities:
1. Prepare (Monday to Wednesday)
Topical resources (e.g., readings, videos) and notes will introduce relevant foundational concepts and helpful tips/strategies for your work.
2. Join (Wednesday, 12:00 – 12:30pm)
Live 30-minute webinars will provide the opportunity for students to hear directly from the instructor further exploring the topic. Students should watch for the access information to be distributed via the news forum (or email directly from your instructor). If any student is unable to attend live, a webinar recording will be made available for later review.
3. Discuss (Thursday to Saturday)
Active engagement in the topical discussion is the students’ opportunity to apply their learning, ask for clarification from their instructions, and connect with peers.
4. Reflect (Due Sunday)