TRUST, MOTIVATION & RECOGNITION
This course is a core learning requirement for completing the Values Based Leadership series.
A central element for successful relationships between leaders and those they lead is trust; trust, in turn, is a key to motivation. Students will examine the role leaders play in recognizing and rewarding the trust of followers.
Within this course, students will:
Learn strategies for gaining/maintaining trust
- Consider how leader-follower relationships are shaped through trust
- Learn strategies for gaining/maintaining trust
- Explore the central role trust plays in motivation
- Understand a leader’s role in recognizing and rewarding others
Students will be required to complete the following learning activities:
1. Prepare (Monday to Wednesday)
Topical resources (e.g., readings, videos) and notes will introduce relevant foundational concepts and helpful tips/strategies for your work.
2. Join (Wednesday, 12:00 – 12:30pm)
Live 30-minute webinars will provide the opportunity for students to hear directly from the instructor further exploring the topic. Students should watch for the access information to be distributed via the news forum (or email directly from your instructor). If any student is unable to attend live, a webinar recording will be made available for later review.
3. Discuss (Thursday to Saturday)
Active engagement in the topical discussion is the students’ opportunity to apply their learning, ask for clarification from their instructions, and connect with peers.
4. Reflect (Due Sunday)