One way ASPECT promotes excellence within the sector is by recognizing those who are showing leadership and who make a significant contribution to the sector. We have two awards:
The David Hutson Leadership Award is awarded to an individual who demonstrates exemplary leadership in the community-based training sector.
Past awards were bestowed on the following individuals:
- 2016 Nolan Eddy (pictured at right with John Dawson, ASPECT President)
- 2015 Susan Steele
- 2014 Clifford Bell
- 2013 Kathy Bedard
- 2012 Joan Andersen
- 2011 Anny Horton
- 2010 Jennifer De Luca
- 2009 Marnie Marley
The ASPECT Organization of the Year Awardcelebrates the contribution of one organization which has made a significant contribution to community-based trainers profile and progress in British Columbia. You can nominate your own organization as well as others in the sector.
Past awards were bestowed on the following organizations:
- 2016 – Central Vancouver Island Multicultural Society
- 2013 – Nexus BC
- 2012 – Free Rein Associates
- 2011 – M. Magas & Associates Inc. & Open Door Group
- 2010 – North Island Employment Foundations Society
- 2009 – PEERS Victoria & Kootenay Career Development Society
Nominate yourself or a colleague and help us celebrate those making a difference and providing leadership within our sector. Go to our website for links to the online nomination forms.
The awards may not be presented every year.