At yesterday's member meeting, we acknowledged that employment service providers are feeling particularly fatigued this year. We all know the reasons, some of which are the increasing complexity of the job requirements, workload due to staff shortages, RFP deadlines, changing labour market needs, the uncertainty of future contracts, and rising costs in general. Sharing these challenges is an important part of healing, but we also shared some of the things that we do for ourselves:
- Meditation & Mindfulness - there are lots of great apps to get you started, such as Headspace, Calm, and MindShift CBT. There are good free resources on YouTube too.
- Take a walk or a hike outside. Why not try forest bathing?
- Exercise. It boosts energy, improves mood, and can help you sleep better, according to the Mayo Clinic.
- Connect or reconnect with friends and family. Don't feel up to calling or messaging? Try sending memes or a link to a funny video to let them know you're alive.
- Massage therapy. Can't find an RMT available? There are lots of "how to" resources and videos online.
Whatever you celebrate at this time of year, please take some time to focus on your needs and have a happy holiday!
Meme source: @artmemescentral