It's been an exciting week here at ASPECT.
Change in Conference Venue
Directly below, you'll see an announcement about a hotel change for the ASPECT Conference. I recommend that you reserve your room ASAP, as the room block is filling up very quickly. For those attending the workshop on November 1, we've added rooms to the room block on October 31. I cannot stress enough how important it is to get your room reservations now, especially to take advantage of the outstanding room rate of $219. Also, the conference venue is smaller than at the Sheraton, and Conference registrations will likely sell out. Register now!
International Credential Recognition Fund Projects Begin
Another exciting event this week is the launch of the International Credential Recognition Fund projects. In July, we received 29 proposals requesting $2.5 million; sadly, the fund is only $1.5 million. There were several themes amongst the accepted proposals, which were selected in accordance with the Fund's priorities and guidelines. The following is a list of themes of projects funded. Some projects span more than one theme.
To find out who was funded and more about the project, check out our website. Also, check out the funded project profile from Archway Community Services.
- Direct Financial Assistance, bridging gaps in funding. Paying course fees, assessment fees, exam fees, childcare and transportation costs to access services.
- Mentorship & Target Work --expand current programming
- Newly Funded Group of Clients including dentists, nurses, doctors, and other healthcare professionals.
- New Tools and Sharable Resources, or Innovation
- Focused on specific credentials, including dentists, nurses, doctors, and other healthcare professionals.
- Direct help in navigating a complex system of regulatory bodies
- Increased access in rural and remote areas
- Navigating a "pathway to credentialling" that includes all the steps needed to pursue recognition
- Cross referrals to other programs, ESPs and partners
- Work-specific language training
- Translation services
- Mental Health supports
Janet Morris-Reade, CEO