ASPECT BC provides leadership, education, advocacy, and public awareness in support of community-based workforce development service providers. We work with government and stakeholders to ensure that the needs of those seeking a meaningful and sustainable livelihood are met.
We offer flexible working hours for a Communications Coordinator who is motivated and a self-starter. This position is part-time: 20 – 25 hours per week with flexible start times/days within typical office hours.
The Communications Coordinator helps implement ASPECT’s overall communications strategy including member services, event support, and marketing initiatives. Reporting to the CEO, the Communications Coordinator will work collaboratively within a small team to develop and implement communication materials that will broaden the ASPECT’s impact and overall message.
As our Communications Coordinator, you get to
- Collaborate with the CEO and staff to develop communications strategies that will broaden reach and deepen the impact of ASPECT activities.
- Identify and develop relationships with media personnel, community partners, and stakeholders to promote our services and events.
- Write and publish website, blog and email newsletter content.
- Maintain our organization’s social media accounts, including content creation and curation.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of communications activities.
- Assist with other external and internal communications duties as needed.
- Manage our contact databases so that no one ever feels left out.
This job might be for you, if
- You have 1-3 years of communications experience – creating and implementing strategies and developing online content. A bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing or PR is preferred. Extra marks for membership in CPRS or IABC.
- You love to write! You can crank out a press release, Facebook updates or newsletter article without even trying. You’re willing to share your ideas with senior management.
- You have the ability to collaborate on several projects at once, and you have no problem managing multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- You don’t mind doing administration and client-support services that are shared across all ASPECT team members.
- You are confident with the office suite, website content management, email marketing, and social media networks. Extra marks if you have experience with Office 365 and Sharepoint
Other nice to have, but not necessary skills and attributes are
- A driver’s license and the courage to drive the boss’s car.
- A sense of humour and a sunny disposition.
- Be an extrovert or an outgoing and friendly introvert.
- Graphic design chops and/or experience with video editing.
- Be a little bit bossy.
There will be a test
Before making it to the second round of interviews, candidates will be given a writing assignment taking some basic information and writing it in three voices: formal business, professional folksy, and marketing engagement. Writing samples and examples of your work are also appreciated within the application process.
Pay: $20-$25 per hour; 20-25 hours per week. ASPECT is proud to be a living wage employer.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter to Janet Morris-Reade, CEO, at email@example.com. Please include “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line. Please apply by January 26, 2018 at 10am