Professional Development and ongoing community-based workforce development excellence is integral to ensuring that those who access our members’ services will be successful in finding meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities.
We do this by offering various professional development opportunities for frontline workers and management:
- Annual ASPECT BC Conference with networking and learning streams for front line workers and management.
- Regional conferences, meetings, and teleconferences.
ASPECT BC Professional Development – Winter Webinar Series
ASPECT BC has again partnered with BBMD Consulting to provide a series of frontline and management level webinars in the new year. Topics include job development, data management and labour market understanding.
Job Development 201
3-part webinar series
Presenter: Angela Hoyt, Evolution Group Inc.
February 9, 16, 23, 2017, 10:00am – 11:30am
$299 + tax (individual); $899 + tax (agency registration for 4 staff)
Job Development 201 is for successful job developers who are already able to influence employers to hire job seekers with barriers, without using subsidies, and without requiring the job seekers to go through a competitive hiring process. During this webinar, you will learn more sophisticated skills for more challenging job development circumstances. It is the next level of practical employer engagement/job development skills needed to expand your employer base in new markets and to have a higher level of effectiveness with employers. This three-part webinar series will build on your existing job development skills either learned from years in the field, or from having taken pervious job development training.
As a result of this webinar you will:
- Have more control of and impact in the job market
- Connect with employers who are not responding to your current techniques
- Get jobs with better wages, more benefits and better advancement opportunities
- Help candidates with low skills get jobs that fit their capabilities
- Get candidates excluded from their professions into their professions
- Increase your employment outcomes for job seekers most at risk of continued or long-term unemployment
Note: Job Development 201 focuses on job development skills enhancement, it is not an introduction to job development. If you are new to the job development role or are having difficulty getting employers to look at your job seekers, we strongly recommend that you take Job Development 101 to increase your job development skills.
Understanding the Structural Changes of the New Labour Market
Presenter: Tom Zizys, Zizys Consulting
February 15, 2017, 10:00am – 11:30am
$99 + tax (individual); $299 + tax (agency registration, 4 or more attending)
The future of work: The Canadian labour market has been beset by many changes, a number of which appear to be accelerating, from the polarization of jobs into good versus precarious, to the impact of technology, to how different business models affect the employment relationship. This presentation unpacks these different trends and proposes some responses. Understanding these labour market realities is ESSENTIAL for supporting your clients to success. During this webinar you will learn:
- How to focus on the demand-side of the labour market to understand how job opportunities are shaped
- About the broader trends that affect the demand-side
- How to influence the demand-side, at a local level and in terms of public policy