On October 14, 2016, the ASPECT board of directors got together to create a new strategic plan for the organization for the next 3 years. We welcome your comments and your feedback because we feel that our diversity is what makes us stronger!
All people have access to quality community-based workforce development services that support their opportunities to achieve a meaningful and sustainable livelihood.
ASPECT BC provides leadership, training, advocacy and public awareness in support of its members who provide community-based workforce development services to provide employment opportunities for all.
Goal 1: Champion
ASPECT BC advocates in support of workforce development services that achieve meaningful and sustainable livelihoods in BC.
- Increase the number of invitations from government to participate in consultations.
- Increase the percentage of members who feel ASPECT BC is an effective advocate for their common issues as measured by an annual member survey.
- Increase the impact of our advocacy as measured by:
- The number of advocacy issues taken forward
- Unsolicited member report of help/assistance
- Anecdotal reporting by CEO.
Goal 2: Engage
ASPECT BC supports an engaged workforce development sector that shares ideas in order to meet the employment needs of a changing economy.
- Increase social media engagement as measured by social media analytics.
- Increase the number of connections with employer organizations to strengthen our voice.
- Increase the number of alternative sector engagement methods.
- Increase the number of members reading ASPECTIVES as measured by subscribers.
Goal 3: Connect
ASPECT BC connects its membership to networks and relevant stakeholders that support members in achieving their missions.
- Increase the number of times ASPECT BC information is included in other stakeholders’ materials.
- Increase the number of public presentations and/or affiliations made each year.
- Increase the number of connections between provincial and federal organizations.
Goal 4: Serve
ASPECT BC provides the workforce development sector with capacity-building opportunities through training, strategies, tools, etc. for continuous professional improvement.
- Increase the number of regional and user group meetings to cover all regions over a 3-year cycle.
- Increase the number of resources and tools available to members and increase usage of current resources. (i.e. procurement, elections, curriculum).
- Increase participation in the annual conference.
- Increase the percent of members who express satisfaction with the annual conference.
- Increase the number of training opportunities delivered annually.
Goal 5: Build
ASPECT BC is a strong, self-sustaining organization that provides value to its members and stakeholders in the workforce development sector.
- Increase the number of revenue streams.
- Eliminate the deficit by creating and implementing a financial plan.
- Increase the number of members and diversity of our membership for long term sustainability.
- Respect and dignity for members and clients.
- Honesty, openness, and accountability.
- Commitment to community.
- Client-Centred service.
- Professional behaviour & actions.
Code of Ethical Behaviour
- Explain and honour confidentiality.
- Be congruent and consistent in words and actions.
- Be accessible and treat clients equitably.
- Commit to open, fair, and transparent processes.